Romeo and Juliet Comics and Activities
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Make the greatest love story of all time approachable for your students, who might be reading Shakespeare for the first time. This Romeo and Juliet and Shakespeare Bundle combines my Romeo and Juliet Comic Summaries and Activities and the Intro to Shakespeare Activity Bundle.The Romeo and Juliet sPrice $14.71Original Price $23.00Save $8.29
- This is the big one! ALL of my Shakespeare resources available in ONE bundle. Six plays. Lots of activities. Your classroom will be filled with students excited to get involved with the Bard.There are comic summaries of the following plays: Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, A Midsummer Night's Dream,Price $54.39Original Price $84.99Save $30.60
- Romeo and Juliet and Julius Ceasar. Two of Shakespeare's most famous plays. Now all the resources you need to make BOTH plays a fun and meaningful experience for your students.Included in this bundle are Romeo and Juliet Comics and Activities and Julius Caesar Activities. Each act of each play is suPrice $28.16Original Price $44.00Save $15.84
Enliven your “Romeo and Juliet” lesson plans with these high-interest comics and activities. Your students will interact with the tale of the star cross'd lovers through fun and engaging comics with Shakespeare's language taken directly from the play. To add to the fun for students, there are Easter eggs hidden throughout the comics -- metaphors and other images from the play that are hidden in the illustrations for students to find. There are plenty of teaching ideas here and they are perfect for all ages, from visual learners to low-level or struggling readers.
This set is also perfect for online learning when students need some support and scaffolding to get through the difficulties of reading a Shakespeare play. If you are using Google Classroom, take advantage of the ability to create a digital activity when you purchase this product. Distance learning with Shakespeare has never been better!
THIS SET INCLUDES:
- One page comics for each Act. Act IV and V are presented as one comic. Each comic uses Shakespeare's dialogue taken straight from the play.
- Warm-up activities for each act that get kids interacting with the text before they read that build close reading skills and critical thinking (you can use them as bell ringers or you can use them afterward as well).
- Answer keys to all activities.
- Lots of funny stuff. (Trust me.)
HOW YOU CAN USE THESE COMICS:
- As a quick overview of each act. They are better than online summaries that go into too much detail or give too much away.
- As support for reading the actual text instead of translated versions like Sparknotes.
- As a review for each act to make sure that every student has understood the material.
- As a catch-up for absent students.
- Coloring pages (students love this, and it decreases their stress).
- As a fun way to approach the Bard.
- Anything else you can think of!
- 90% of the information processed by the brain is visual.
- Comics dramatically increase the retention of material.
- They also aid in the understanding of difficult material.
- They serve the needs of visual learners and provide new opportunities for those with learning differences while benefiting all learners.
- They are fun!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
“Your cartoons have been such a help to my visual learners, and I love the warm-up activities associated with each act. We have enjoyed them, and I will use these for years to come!”
“My kids absolutely loved these, especially finding the funny images or easter eggs thrown in. Thanks!”
If you would like your students to create their own comics, check out my FREE Comic Strip Templates.
Other Shakespeare resources you may also like:
Intro to Shakespeare Activity BundleJulius Caesar Comics and Activities
Hamlet Comic Summaries and Activities
A Midsummer Night's Dream Comic Summaries and Activities
Macbeth Comic Summaries and Activities
Othello Comic Summaries and Activities
The Big ‘Ol Shakespeare Bundle
Connect with me!