As you know, Common Core asks teachers to help their students look deeper into a text than ever before.
This packet contains 6 Return-to the-Text annotations that force students back into excerpts of the play, focusing on the following topics:
• Prologue Annotation
• Romeo in Love Annotation – Act I
• Juliet in Love Annotation – Act II
• Imagery Annotation – Act III
• Sorrow Annotation – Act IV
• Regret Annotation – Act V
These annotations engage students' critical thinking and independence, as I often give these as homework assignments.
You might also like my Close Reading Units for Romeo and Juliet and more:
Romeo and Juliet Close Reading Unit
To Kill a Mockingbird Close Reading Unit
Of Mice and Men Close Reading Unit
Thank you and I hope this works well for you,