This product is a guided parallel task for Part 3 of the Common Core English Regents Exam that utilizes a section of the balcony scene from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. This product is leveled for ninth graders, but is suitable for sophomores and juniors as well. Most of this package is in Microsoft Word. The exemplars are PDF.
The following is included in this package:
1. a directions page that utilizes the language of Part 3, including central idea and writing strategy,
2. the balcony scene text,
3. five multiple choice questions that guide students toward thinking about a writing strategy to analyze (imagery, metaphor),
4. an answer sheet and multiple choice answer key
5. a guided planning page,
6. notes for teaching students how to present textual evidence,
7. and three PDF formatted Part 3 student exemplars (written by ninth graders).
You might also like these Romeo and Juliet products:
•Romeo and Juliet Act 3 Scene 1 Cloze Note Close Read Quiz Test
•Romeo and Juliet Balcony Scene Close Read Quiz Test Act 2 Scene 2
•Romeo and Juliet Study Guide, Cloze Notes, and Important Passages
•Romeo and Juliet Common Core Part 3 English Regents Exam Guided Parallel Task
•Romeo + Juliet (1996) Movie Guide