Looking for a fresh approach to pull your students into Romeo and Juliet? William Shakespeare’s timeless tale of tragic love will enthrall your students when you use this MASSIVE bundle of interactive, multimedia lessons. This package includes FIVE WEEKS OF COMPLETE LESSON MATERIALS designed to challenge and entertain advanced middle school students and high school freshmen/sophomores.
This Romeo & Juliet unit is one of my favorites of the year. I’ve used it successfully with eighth graders and both regular and honors freshmen.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the zipped bundle)
• Beautiful, modern-designed Romeo & Juliet study guide handouts for EVERY scene in the play (24-pg. PDF includes students' worksheets and detailed answer key)
• Life in Elizabethan England team speech assignment, with list of 18 topics and grading rubric (3-pg. PDF)
• Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre multimedia lecture (25 slides) with hands-on Globe construction “craftivity” (1-pg. PDF)
• Light-hearted Puns/Oxymorons presentation to help familiarize students with Shakespeare’s commonly used literary techniques (10 slides)
• Power of Tone presentation with fun, interactive elements that will allow for 27 different students to have an opportunity to entertain the class as they learn about language (38 slides)
• Attention-grabbing Shakespearean Sonnet lecture with zooming animation (31 slides) and sonnet assignment handouts (3-pg. PDF)
• One-Question Romeo & Juliet Quizzers to hold students accountable for their reading, while making grading easy for you (6-pg. PDF)
• Shakespearean Slam Contest where students insult and/or compliment each other using the Bard’s own words – this one’s noisy and fun! (3-pg. PDF)
• Queen Mab art assignment to illustrate Mercutio’s Act 1, Sc. 4 monologue (assignment handout with 5 pages of student samples – 6-pg. PDF)
• Hands-on Romeo & Juliet Act 2 Prologue team of two activity (2-pg. PDF)
• Full-period hands-on Romeo & Juliet Review Game grid construction activity (5-pg. PDF)
• Plot the timeline of Romeo and Juliet’s love affair as a helpful review of play's chronology (2-pg. PDF)
• Full-period Romeo & Juliet character Quote Review Game with zooming animation (54 slides) and additional quote practice for student teams. Break your class into Montagues vs. Capulets! (4-pg. PDF)
• 50-question unit exam (matching, true/false, quote identification) (4-pg. PDF)
• In-class end-of-unit essay prompt (1-pg. PDF)
UPDATE: This bundle now includes two more BONUS lessons that can fit anywhere in the calendar. First, enjoy a little fun at the beginning or end of your unit with a guessing game featuring Shakespeare's lines and Taylor Swift's lyrics. Second, challenge your students to dig deep with a real-life Romeo & Juliet lesson, featuring an informational text article about two young lovers who died because of religious intolerance in their war-torn country.
All materials come with complete answer keys, included here in the page counts. This HUGE BUNDLE includes a total of 70 pages (PDF and Word) of rich content, plus 159 slides (Powerpoint and Prezi) of visually dynamic materials to “wow” your class. Please note that, due to the large file size, the Prezi materials come with links for online viewing/use. You do not need special software to run a Prezi.
Note: Some of these items (the scene-by-scene study guide handouts, Globe Theatre materials, Shakespearean Sonnet materials, Quizzers, Slam Contest, Act 2 Prologue, and Timeline) are sold separately at my store. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. The TONS of other items are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle. There is some overlap in products featured here and in my A Midsummer Night's Dream bundle.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com to help you decide the most budget-minded way to purchase materials from both unit plans.
Interested in more information about individual products?
Click HERE and scroll down to see more information about specific products included in this bundle
Thanks for stopping by!