This is a great little resource to introduce Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and provides a chance to use informational text with your students.
The resource includes:
1) two reading passages that include a brief history of the playwright as well as the play. The passages total about 1000 words in length and are both illustrated;
2) a list of ten vocabulary words found in the passages (5 from each) for students to define;
3) six questions on the two passages that encourage critical thinking and measure understanding;
4) a “Vocabulary Expansion” page that includes 9 statements about Shakespeare (some are similar in content to what appears in the passages but most are not); students use the twelve words in the word bank at the top of the page to complete the sentences; and
5) answer keys for 2, 3, and 4 above.
Please have a look at my other resources about Shakespeare:
Why Study Shakespeare?
An Introduction to Macbeth
An Introduction to Julius Caesar
An Introduction to Hamlet
Was William Shakespeare Really Shakespeare?
5 Days with William Shakespeare
Shakespeare Poster Templates Set of 22
I also have a movie critique activity for the 1968 movie Romeo and Juliet:
Romeo and Juliet Movie Critique Activity
The poster template set, the 5 Days with William Shakespeare resource, and the Was William Shakespeare really Shakespeare unit are available in a bundle at a discounted price:
Looking for something for younger students? This resource includes informational texts and worksheets all about Shakespeare: