This activity has been created as a small group challenge as a way to review important quotes and key events from Romeo and Juliet; however, it can also be distributed as a handout for students to complete individually. My students get right into the competition when I've used it as a game or race. They don't even realize that they're reviewing the whole play as they consider the context and significance of the quotes.
The package includes:
1. Step by step instructions for the teacher (for both game or race format and individual use)
2. Student instructions and list of important quotes (two layout versions)
3. The response handout for students (two layout versions)
4. Sample responses (or possible answers)
5. Extra student instructions (3 to a page)