This fun, student centred resource is a complete set of lessons to enable students to use prior knowledge and understanding of Romeo and Juliet to complete a role play and complete a worksheet and essay using supportive quotation.
The learning objectives are for
• Students to use prior knowledge of text to demonstrate understanding of characters to answer the questions posed in depth
• Students to be able to use Speaking and Listening skills in RLC
• Students to be able to demonstrate use of quotation to justify answers
• Students to demonstrate understanding of context to answer the question:
Romeo and Juliet: Romantic Tragedy or Tragedy of Circumstance?? Discuss.
This can be used as a formal assessment for a mock examination for the literature Shakespeare paper, or a controlled assessment.
A in depth lesson plan demonstrates the best use of the resources, which included differentiated worksheets to accommodate a range of abilities within once class.
* PPT presentation
* Character cards
* Prosecutor questions to be used for role play
* Guilty or not guilty Worksheets (differentiated)
* Full lesson plans
* Character Supportive Quotes Worksheet.
Includes youtube clip: Judge Judy Best Bits