Court trials are set up in a very similar format to argumentative essays. Using mock trials in your classroom can help your students learn the essentials of argumentation in an exciting new format.
Throughout this project, you will guide your students to analyze Romeo and Juliet in a mock trial, culminating in an argumentative essay based on the activity. Your students will be exposed to the American court system, practice argumentative writing, and practice evaluating textual evidence.
This Resource Includes:
- Teaching Guide with Instructions and Examples
- Courtroom Background Information (Definitions and FAQ's)
- Role List and Trial Schedule
- Role Descriptions and Responsibilities
- Trial/Essay Comparison Chart
- Argumentative Essay Sheet
The Crucible Mock Trial Project
- Be sure to leave feedback on each product you purchase. Doing so will give you TPT credits, which you can use in the future towards other TPT products!
- Remember to follow my store if you liked your purchase. This allows you to stay up to date with updates and new products!