Looking for a fun way to top off your ROMEO AND JULIET unit? ThemeQuotes Trivia Games are just what you need!
What is a ThemeQuote?
A ThemeQuote is a thought-provoking, value-promoting quotation that relates to a theme of a work of literature. ThemeQuotes are authored by great minds such as Gandhi, Anne Frank, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Amy Tan, Nietzsche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games link famous quotations to the themes of the literature you teach!
Designed specifically for classroom use, ThemeQuotes Trivia Games combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune™ with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit™.
Students might be asked to:
* answer questions about the author
* answer multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions based on the book
* answer questions that are related to the content of the book
* locate grammatical errors in dialogue
* translate idioms or dialectical phrases
* define, spell, or pronounce challenging words
* complete examples of figurative language
* unscramble anagrams or word merges
* and so much more!
Students have fun while being exposed to great thinkers!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students’ understanding of theme
* challenge students’ reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
* are just plain fun!
FYI: Some of the questions go beyond the book, but that's the fun of the game. Such questions, which are usually presented in multiple-choice format, require students to rely on their past experiences and their critical thinking skills to select the correct answer of the three choice provided. It's a fun way to learn something new! Check out the preview for examples!
The Romeo and Juliet edition includes:
* 180 trivia questions
* 16 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE FOR SAMPLE TRIVIA QUESTIONS AND THEMEQUOTE PUZZLE!
Middle school editions of ThemeQuotes trivia games:
* Across Five Aprils
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Hunger Games
* The Light in the Forest
* The Outsiders
* Romeo and Juliet
Here are more unique products over Romeo and Juliet—view them all in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: ROMEO AND JULIET edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Good Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 50 Elizabethan Words/Phrases Crossword—Unique! Students provide modern synonyms for Elizabethan language!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!
17 double-sided; 17 single-sided