This Romero Britto art unit is full of colour, pattern and fun. It includes 8 lesson plans and can cover a term's worth of visual art. This unit is most suitable for students in years 1-4. It could also be used for higher primary years for a bit of fun.
Throughout this unit students explore:
- Art elements: line, colour, shape, pettern and size.
- Art principles: harmony and repetition.
- Art forms: drawng, painting and collage.
- Art styles: abstract and decorative.
Includes 8 lessons. These include a one page lesson plan and one page of examples.
- Exploring patterns
- Enlarging an image
- Colour wheel
- Group collage
- Musical interpretation
- Planning final piece
- Creating final piece
- Curriculum links
- Music and pattern reflection sheet
- Artwork reflection sheet x2
- Romero Britto style artwork rubric (fits 4 to a page)
Thank you for viewing this resource. Be sure to click follow so you can receive product updates and freebies.
After purchasing, be sure to leave feedback. You will earn TPT credits which you can redeem to save money on future purchases!