Dr. Ronald Mallett is an African American physics professor who currently works at the University of Connecticut. Dr. Mallett has developed and received a patent on his blueprint for a Time Travel Machine. This curriculum module gives elementary-aged students an opportunity to learn more about the life of Dr. Ronald Mallett.
1. Two lessons that cover 2.5 - 4 hours of instruction (and all necessary worksheets)
(a) Lesson Plan One Family Time Radio includes:
· Directions for accessing a radio interview with Dr. Mallet.
· A students’ listening guide with questions
· A teachers’ listening guide with answers and topics for further discussion
(a) Lesson Plan Two Scored Discussion includes:
· Directions for a small group discussion
· A discussion topic based on the interview
· A rubric for scoring the discussion
2. One supplemental worksheet