This is an interactive notebook companion for Room on the Broom. Of course, all the templates can also be glued onto other types of paper or can just be filled out and handed in. Pictures are included to show how to set up each page in a notebook.
1) Sequencing flip flap
2) Flip up Venn Diagram comparing the witch and the dragon
3) Cut and Paste activity for witch and dragon character traits
4) 3 different types of flip flaps for problem/solution - for differentiation.
5) Story map puzzle - fill out the story map and then cut/glue the puzzle pieces to fit together.
6) Nouns and Verbs cut and paste activity
7) Vocabulary practice. I have included a template with words and definitions for student reference. Also included is a template for students to write in the definition and draw a picture. Another item included is a sentence flip flap where sentences are written with the words on top, and underneath each flap, students need to write another sentence with the vocabulary word.
8) Cause and Effect- Match the 4 causes with 4 effects and glue under flaps
9) Reading response - "What would you bring with you on a broom?"
10) Story comprehension multiple choice quiz
Craft - Students write about how they would create a new broomstick and what cool/interesting features would it have. They can either glue the broomstick to a witch or wizard, or option 2 is for the broomstick to go through a witch's legs.
Please look at the preview for pictures of how to set up each page and what is included.
Thanks so much!