Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson is a fun Halloween book your students will surely love! The story features a witch who drops belongings from her broom, and ends up picking up passengers as she goes to retrieve her belongings! (This unit does not include the book.) Room on the Broom Literacy, Language and Listening Book Companion features follow-up activities targeting the following skills:
1. Sequencing & Retelling- Put pictures of story events in order and retell
2. Comprehension Questions with two picture choices
3. Witch's Book Walk- A function and attribute hunt, using the book.
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme
5. Analogies- Complete the analogies with cards featuring pictures and words
6. Absurdities- Correct the absurdities using details from the book
Not only will your students LOVE this fun Halloween story, they'll also have a great time with these follow-up activities!