A Mini-Unit using a favorite October picture book, Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson.
This unit includes:
• Comprehension/Language Skills
Triple 5 Preread Prediction Sheet-one programed, one blank for use with any story.
Sequencing-Roll and Build (fine to run in black and white or color)
Retelling Pocket Chart strips
• Cliff Hanger Writing Activity: Choose a spot to stop reading and have students predict the next events!
• Friendship Writing Response
• ABC Order-5 or 10 word version (with and without picture support)
• Sentence Scramble and Making Words
• Roll and Cover Game Boards-9 games total
Addition-Make 10 (regular & challenge)
Addition Doubles (to 12,,18, 24)
Subtraction from 10, 12 & 18
*For math activities, you will need dice (9 sided for one of the games) and something your kids use as game pieces...linking cubes or 2 colored counters work great!