Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson is a wildly popular book children everywhere enjoy! This no-prep book unit is filled with five different follow-up activities to target literacy, language and listening! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequence and Retell- Sequence pictures and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. The Witch's Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort picture cards by rhyme
5. Analogies- Complete analogies, either in writing or verbally.
This unit is so easy to use! All activities are in black and white. Just print and you're ready to go!
Not only will your students LOVE this fun story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book, Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson, is not included with the unit. It can be purchased in book stores or online.