Root Word task cards, answer keys, and interactive PowerPoint slides or Google slides. Perfect for distance learning!
NO PREP Introduce, teach & practice roots, plus prefixes & suffixes!
Root Word task cards, answer keys, and interactive PowerPoint slides or Google Drive link (Google slides) for no prep root word lessons, activities, quizzes, Google Classroom activities or distance learning lessons - for daily whole class review of every daily quiz allows students to interact with and learn 155 common root words over 31 weeks.
This Root Words zip file is completely updated to allow you to Introduce and review 155 root words in 31 weeks. Each week, students practice 5 greek/latin roots with 1 introduction and 4 daily practice quizzes for 31 sets of roots and 124 practice quizzes!
Every week for 31 weeks, introduce and practice 5 root words using 5 daily activities. Spend 5 minutes a day on each activity or pick and choose to suit your needs (spending 1,2,3,4 or 5 days a week to review each set of 5 roots)!
Every week includes:
1. Introduction of 5 greek/latin roots & 10 vocabulary words containing roots (2 each)
2. Matching root quiz & key
3. Matching vocabulary quiz & key
4. Fill in the blank root quiz & key
5. Fill in the blank vocabulary quiz & key
31 sets of roots + 124 practice quizzes = Introduce new words on Monday and use 4 quizzes from Tuesday - Friday (2 matching quizzes and 2 fill in the blank quizzes).
**SEE WEEK 1 ACTIVITIES IN PREVIEW**
- PowerPoint Slides
- Google Drive Link (Google Classroom Slides)
- Task Cards
- Answer Keys
- INTRODUCTORY LESSON SLIDES: Teach & practice common roots, prefixes & suffixes definitions and examples. NO PREP project & teach (students simply copy slides on lined paper).
- 31 Introductions to new roots and vocabulary containing roots
- 31 matching quizzes of roots
- 31 fill in the blank quizzes of roots
- 31 matching quizzes of vocabulary containing roots
- 31 fill in the blank quizzes of vocabulary containing roots
- 6 fill in the blank prefix quizzes to teach 60 prefixes
- ANSWER KEYS
No PREP: Print, project & teach!
155 daily activities or 31 weekly activities using introductory slides and 1/4 page task card practice quizzes are perfect for 5-10 minute Do Now or Exit Slip activities, Bell Ringers or literacy center ideas during any time of class. Pick and choose these no prep print and go activities to use every day or just 1-4 times a week. These materials can be seamlessly incorporated into your classroom needs. Use the practice quizzes daily to test student mastery or use the introductory slides and one quiz for two weekly activities.
I used this introductory PPT lesson then used and reused these practice quizzes and quizzes for daily challenging Do Nows in my high school special education classroom. I was amazed at the student enthusiasm and growth in vocabulary development. Teaching root words gives students the tools to fully understand word meaning, learn unfamiliar words, and increase reading level, while preparing for the SAT and ACT!
NEED MORE NO PREP RESOURCES?