Products in this Bundle (4)
Are you looking for engaging root words and affixes worksheet activities? Then this is your solution!
Based on rap songs, these activities will while they practice root words and affixes skills. Easily integrate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson. The song lyrics for these activities are used as reading passages and contain many affixed words, giving students excellent practice identifying root words and affixes with the worksheets.
Listen to the songs with subtitles on YouTube using the links below. (Click here if you have trouble viewing the videos.)
A mix of fun topics that kids will love!
These passages and songs cover:
- a comparison of Disney's Moana movie with the original, Islander folktales that inspired the film
- a comparison of Disney's Mulan movie with the original, Chinese folktale that inspired the film
- Phillis Wheatley, the first published African American and her communication with General Washington during the Revolution
- and the life of women's rights activist and abolitionist, Sojourner Truth.
Teach reading skills to your students in a way that they will enjoy!
Kids love music and will certainly enjoy identifying the root words and affixes of select words from the songs and activities. These activities also feature simple explanations of what root words and affixes are to guide students' comprehension.
Multiple-choice questions with answer keys!
All of these root words and affixes activities have multiple-choice questions with answer keys for easy grading.
This bundle includes everything listed below. Click the product links above for more details.
- the lyrics for each song for use as a reading passage
- links to the songs for free
- brief explanations about what root words, prefixes, and suffixes are
- multiple-choice, identifying root words questions with the answer key
- multiple-choice, identifying prefixes questions with the answer key
- multiple-choice, identifying suffixes questions with the answer key
- the song lyrics for use as a readers theater activity with access to the instrumental music available on YouTube for the Phillis Wheatley activity.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with reading!
*Leave a review if you enjoyed this activity.*
You may also like:
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2019 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com