This product was created as a fun way to review Greek and Latin Roots and Affixes using BINGO game rules on a 9-square Tic Tac Toe Board.
Ten (10) individual variations of BINGO using a 9-square Tic Tac Toe Board. Each of the 10 sets uses a different set of root words and affixes along with actual vocabulary words utilizing these roots and affixes.
I have included both a color version and black and white version for easier printing.
1. Provide the students with a 9 square BINGO/ Tic Tac Toe Card or have students draw one on scrap paper.
2. Show them one list of clues to choose from. They should only choose the clues from a single list at a time.
3. Students should choose 9 different words from the clue set and fill in 9 squares. Do NOT provide a free space in the center.
4. The teacher will call out clues in random order. Mark the clues as you read them.
5. Students should yell “BINGO” when they have made a BINGO.
Students can get a BINGO across, down, or diagonally.
You can play modified versions such as four corners, blackout, picture frame, X, or a plus sign.
6. You can award students with tokens every time they make a BINGO to encourage them to keep playing.
7. You can also continue the game even if someone gets a BINGO to see who comes in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. When the game is over, choose a new set, or play a set over. Students might choose to keep the same words they originally chose or create a new game board with new words from the set.
There is one complete clue set for free in the preview. If you like it, there are an additional 9 games just like that one!
Bundled Cold War Era Set of 6 Reading Comprehension Based on Common Core
4th Grade ELA Common Core Literacy, Writing, and Language
5th Grade ELA Common Core Literacy, Writing, and Language