Fourth and Fifth Grade Greek and Latin Roots. 24 roots for each grade level.
How to use this classroom display:
1. Pick one of the “Root of the week” display boards. Print it off, laminate and display!
2. Print, laminate, and cut out all the “roots”. Every week pick one “root” to focus on.
3. Introduce the root of the day using the “Root of the day” song!
4. Use the other PDF to display the meaning and some examples of the “root of the week”. Encourage students to find and display some of their examples. (I just use post-its on my board).
5. Display your “roots” after you study them. I have a tree made out of butcher paper that I add the roots to every week!
-“Root of the week” song lyrics
-“Root of the week” display boards (3 options)
- Wall display for ongoing “roots” (2 options)
-Roots organized by grade level (24 for 4th grade, 24 for 5th grade)
-Board display to introduce the roots to the class. Each display has the root, origin, definition, and examples