This PowerPoint gives students a basic understanding of different roots structures and functions. Also, this PowerPoint does a quick overview on soil and is perfect for a review or introduction to a unit.
By the end of this PowerPoint, students will be to do the objectives below.
1. Identify the primary forms of roots and describe their function
2. Describe root regions, including the root cap, region of cell division, cell elongation, and maturation, and be able to explain the functions of each.
3. Explain the specific purpose of the endodermis and the pericycle.
4. Identify and name the differences among the various types of specialized roots.
5. List at least ten different typical human used of roots.
6. Describe how quality agricultural soil is developed from raw materials.
7. Explain how soil conservation affects the availability of water to plans and discuss the role of soil pH in nutrient availability.
The preview file will give buyer a clear insight to this PowerPoint.