I designed the instructional materials in this download to support the textbook unit that relates to Clothing, Colors, and Fashion.
This bundle of materials includes:
1. A cover page with original photography that can be printed and displayed as a poster in the classroom
2. A page of Notes to the Teacher with helpful hints for teaching vocabulary using cognates and mnemonics.
3. A list of thematic vocabulary containing clothing, colors, patterns, and related verbs,
4. A vocabulary self-assessment for students that can also be used as a formative activity,
5. A fill-in-the-blank worksheet that supports reading and vocabulary development,
6. A listening comprehension activity (with answer key) that can be used as a formative or summative assessment,
7. A writing activity that can also be used for writing development or as an assessment.
For added value, I am including several organizational tools that are reproducible and can be used for any unit. Specifically:
* A blank, 2-sided notes handout for students,
* A blank table of contents to support student organization,
* A blank instructional calendar for the teacher. (A great tool for unit planning and Ubd-backward design)
I have successfully used these materials in my classes and I am sure that they will be great additions to the resources that you currently use.
These materials can also be part of your substitute teacher plan, used for differentiation, or they can be easily modified for ESL / EFL for Spanish-speaking students.
ADMINISTRATORS AND CURRICULUM COORDINATORS: If you plan to share these materials with your staff or colleagues, please remember to purchase the additional licenses.