What is in this Packet:
1. Information text that you can display in your classroom from your computer and document camera, print as a large poster, or simply print for your students to have individually.
2. Lesson Plans for 5 days
3. Vocabulary cards
4. Informational text that has vocabulary words underlined.
5. You will also find several writing options that you can choose from for your class.
6. Photos of Rosa Parks.
7. A suggested book to go along with the close read to go along with this packet to use if you choose.
8. Lesson Extensions
The lessons in this packet hit 21 Common Core and Tennessee Social Studies standards for kindergarten and 17 for 1st grade.
My lessons incorporate accountable talk between partners. Before you start your lessons group your students in partners of two to three. I call my groups peanut butter and jelly partners. You may already have a name for your partner groups. During this partner talk make sure the students follow these rules.
1. They are only allowed to discuss the questions they are given.
2. Both partners must participate in the discussions.
3. All answers must be said in complete sentences.
This year I am working on enrichment lessons for our high achieving students during our Language Arts intervention time. I am using our Tennessee Social Studies Standards to create enrichment lessons for our Social Studies and Close Reads class. As I research and create more social studies close reading lessons I will place them in my store. Follow my store and you will be notified when a new item is added.