Rosa by Nikki Giovanni is a beautifully illustrated, well-known story about Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights Movement. This story talks about her skills as a seamstress and her love for her husband. It also, describes her bold actions taken against segregation in the south and how she helped drive the Civil Rights Movement in the 1950’s. (Grades 3-5)
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Cause and Effect
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Paper-Slide Video teaching Cause and Effect
- Graphic Organizer for Cause and Effect
- Comprehension Quiz with ten questions. Answer key included.
- Vocabulary Practice sheet with ten words. (Fill in the blank)
- 5 Activities to extend the lesson:
A. Community Service Project Plan Packet: Community Problem, Group Project Plan, Community Service Flyer, Letter to Community Official, Community Project Reflection
B. Paper Slide Video Template
C. Montgomery Bus Boycott Journal Reflection Questions