This mini-unit can be used in a variety of ways, but was designed to use to model, teach, or give students further practice with inferences. An inference organizer is included for students to practice making inferences as they read.
This richly complex text is also perfect for close reading. 44 Text-Dependent questions are also included for practice with this skill, as well as key concepts in Common Core State Standards. The questions primarily focus on RL.1, RL.2, and RL.3. Other questions are also included.
Lastly, three different graphic organizers are also included to give students more practice with characterization, setting, and plot. Two different characterization & plot organizers are included for differentiation. A writing prompt also accompanies the characterization graphic organizer. These organizers can be used for formative assessment, partner or group work, or station work.
Here is what you receive:
* 44 Text-Dependent Questions in worksheet format
* 44 Text-Dependent Question cards (same questions as worksheet format)
* Inference Organizer
* 2 versions of a Characterization Graphic Organizer
* Characterization Writing Prompt
* Setting Graphic Organizer
* Plot Diagram
* Plot Graphic Organizer focusing on key events and character response
* A Guide to the resources included.
Please contact me with any questions!