Looking for something to help your students learn about the Jewish New Year? This packet will help you out! Rosh Hashanah is the beginning of the Jewish Year and learning about its importance and the traditions that go with the holiday are equally important. We have created this packet as a way to reach young learners and explain the significance and the joy of Rosh Hashanah.
In this packet we have included the following:
- Three reading passages with questions included for First, Second and Third grade reading levels.
- Three sets of holiday cards for children to create and share with their families
- A graphing activity for their favorite type of apple to dip into honey.
- A Tashlich activity
- Tzedakah activity
- A writing activity to think through mistakes made through the past year as we prepare for Yom Kippur
- An informational Flipbook activity that students can read and write in as well as color to personalize.
We hope you find this product helpful in your classroom and please remember to leave feedback to let us know what you think.