Rosie’s Walk by Pat Hutchins is a classic children's book that follows Rosie, the hen, on her walk! This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Spatial Concepts- Describe where Rosie is in the given picture
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Phoneme Manipulation- Listen carefully and change sounds in words to make new words
6. Rosie’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!