Rosie’s Walk by Pat Hutchins is a classic children's book that follows Rosie, the hen, on her walk! This no prep activity unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Spatial Concepts- Describe where Rosie is in the given picture (or choose the picture when given Rosie's location)
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Phoneme Manipulation- Listen carefully and change sounds in words to make new words
6. Rosie’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
7. Open-Ended Bingo Dauber sheet
This black and white book companion is so easy to use! Simply print and copy...and you're ready to go!
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!