This funny story of a girl's amazing show and tell - and how it changed her confidence - is high interest reading for kids that like stories about things that are just a little bit yucky! This book journal includes many story elements, picture page retelling and friendly letter writing. This journal also includes graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, and much more!
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- Specific comprehension questions
- Sketch important story events.
After Reading Activities:
- Picture retelling
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to author
- Reader's response writing prompt - text to self - 3 writing prompts: Write About It, Think about it, Go Deeper (close reading format)
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards
- Summing it up - thoughts about what was read
- Important Noun search
- Sketch favorite part.
- Web graphic organizer -wht do you know about Melissa?
-Graphic organizer, paragraph writing
-Paragraph writing page
-Beginning, Middle, End graphic organizer
-Story Retelling graphic organizer
This is easily a weeks worth of work on this story - use as many or a few pages as you like! Can be used as assessment.