The best way to have students practice rounding numbers is to make it as exciting as possible. Rounding 10s and 100s Kaboom! is the perfect activity to accomplish this.
Here's how to play:
1) Print, cut out, and laminate all of the game pieces. There should be 48 cards (36 number cards and 12 Kaboom! Cards). This set contains 18 numbers to round to 10s place and 18 numbers to round to 100s place.
Put the cards into a tall container. A Pringles can is perfect for this. The best container is one that will prevent one from seeing the cards.
2) Divide the players into teams. This can be two teams or individuals.
3) One player will pull a card from the container and read the question to another player. If the player can correctly answer the problem, his team will receive a point. If he cannot answer the problem correctly, the card is returned to the can and the turn is forfeited.
4) If a Kaboom! card is pulled from the can, the player who was to answer the question loses all of his points.
5) Play continues until one team reaches an agreed upon number of points (usually 10-15) or all of the cards have been used.
Tip: Make a really big deal out of pulling a Kaboom! card. It makes the game more exciting.
Please visit my store and become a follower
for updates on new products. You can also find me on Facebook
for updates and other fun stuff.