Ten sets of dominoes great to help students practice rounding decimals to any place. Each set of dominoes practices a different variation of the rounding skills.
This set helps to address the following Common Core Standard:
5.NBT.A.4 Use place value understanding to round decimals to any place.
- 10 Sets of Dominoes
- Student Instruction Sheet
- Answer Recording Sheets with titles
- Blank Answer Recording Sheets (students fill in the set completed)
- Answer Key
Ten sets of Dominoes are included. These sets can be used simultaneously in class based on individual student needs, or students can work through them as a
- Set A Round to the Underlined Digit - Tenths Place
- Set B Round to the Underlined Digit - Hundredths Place
- Set C Round to the Tenths and Hundredths
- Set D Round to the Nearest Whole Number
- Set E Round to the Hundredths and Thousandths
- Set F Round to the Tens and Tenths
- Set G Round to the Hundreds and Hundredths
- Set H Rounding Up Nines
- Set I Round to a Given Place
- Set J Round to a Given Place (Challenge)
These cards will hold up longest if printed on heavy duty paper such as construction paper or card stock. Lamination is optional, but could also extend longevity of each set you make. Sets store well in labeled sandwich baggies or library pockets. Be sure to label each set as there are eight versions. Another option to keep the sets separate is to print each set on a different color of paper.
Suggestions for Use
As an independent activity - Each student gets a set at their own level, or each starts with Set A and works their way up through Set J.
As a center - Copy as many sets as would be needed for your group sizes, provide guidance on how to play the game and use as a math center activity
As a game - Works best with pairs, but can accommodate 3 students. Students take turns starting with the start domino, each placing the domino he/she thinks
goes next. Once the students agree they have found a sequence that works, they record answers on the answer sheet. Game instructions have been provided for distribution.
Leave feedback at my store to earn credits toward future TpT purchases!
If you like this product, follow my store for updates and new product info!