ROUNDING DECIMALS DOUBLE STEP!
CHALLENGE YOUR STUDENTS WITH THIS WORKSHEET!
Here are two examples of what's on here:
* * round seven ninths to the nearest tenth!
* * round twenty three nineteenths to the nearest thousandth!
ARE YOU THINKING? YOUR STUDENTS WILL BE!
This is NOT your TYPICAL ROUNDING of decimals!
All the examples on here are written out IN WORDS AS FRACTIONS! Students must FIRST change the fractions to decimals correctly and THEN ROUND the decimals correctly.
Will challenge even your higher level students. Calculators are suggested.
You can even turn this into a transparency and use as a whole-class lesson discussing answers as you go along.
Look at the download preview to get a clearer idea of this.
Your download of 2 pages includes answers. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek.
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- FRACTIONS REVIEW AND REINFORCEMENT
- 10 FULL worksheets on various aspects of fractions to be used as great review or part of your unit. A LOT of good work here for your students. This link will describe all 10 pages in detail.
- ROUNDING DECIMALS PLUS!
- 54 examples in all to round PLUS 12 EXTRA examples using < and > comparing decimals with one another. Rounding is up to hundred thousandths. Plenty of great practice and reinforcement.
- FACTORS POWERPOINT WITH MULTIPLES
- 58 slide Powerpoint program all on factors and multiples! Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. 4 separate sections on factors and multiples. Will keep students engaged and thinking!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!