Also included in
- This bundle of decimal rounding resources includes everything you need to help your 5th grade students meet mastery in rounding decimal standards through a variety of engaging activities. The lessons will help to support even your most struggling learner to understand rounding and to round decimal n$6.99$9.00Save $2.01
- This bundle of decimal place value activities will support your 5th graders through simple, engaging and effective math materials. This bundle includes a variety of games, activities, worksheets, math centers, lessons and more to be used in the study of decimal numbers. Included You Will FindLessons$19.60$28.00Save $8.40
Rounding decimal numbers is an incredibly tricky skill to learn for many 5th grade students. This resource contains activities that will allow your students to work on a number line with hands on materials to build their place value understanding so that they are able to round decimal numbers with relative ease.
- Detailed lesson plans for my hands on rounding method.
- Printable manipulatives for your students to use throughout the lesson.
I find that this lesson is best conducted in a small group with students who have not yet mastered rounding when taught in a traditional manner. The lesson is hands on and intensive! The lessons give you specific behaviors to look for in your students as they are developing their understanding to help them to be successful.
This resource is a must requested follow-up to my Rounding Without Rhymes lessons for rounding to the nearest 10. Take a look at some of the feedback teachers have given when they taught their students to round using this method:
- This is GREAT. I used this last year with my third graders and they actually understood what they were doing when rounding! The strips and visuals are great for cementing their learning. After several weeks of this, they were very proficient at rounding and could do it quickly in their heads. Thanks for putting together such a fabulous resource!
- Love this resource! I hate when students learn algorithms and tricks and then can't justify what they are doing. This helps third graders immensely and the visuals really help them think about benchmark numbers!
- This was GREAT! I loved teaching rounding this way. I hate using tricks with my students, so I'm glad to have another resource to teach rounding on a number line.
And remember, follow my store so you will be updated when new resources are added! I list many products on sale for the first 24 hours!