This printable packet is a very useful resource for any classroom that is learning about rounding decimals to thousandths. The printables in this packet are great options for classroom grades, homework, review or a as a unit assessment covering this topic!
Included in this printable packet you will find:
1. Rounding Decimals Introduction: This classroom printable is in a very easy to read format and provides instruction on how to round to the nearest tenths place and to the nearest hundredths place as well as three practice questions for each following the introduction.
2. Rounding Decimals to Tenths and Hundredths: This 15 question classwork or homework printable allows students more practice with rounding decimals to tenths and hundredths and further gaining understanding and fluency with this important skill by using visual place value chart aids for each question so the students can check their work and become more accurate with this concept.
3. Rounding to Ones, Tenths, and Hundredths: Students will use prior knowledge learned in this concept to practice on more skill in rounding to ones in this 26 question printable. The visual place value chart aids are not included in this printable in order to promote self-sufficiency with your students rounding decimals without the visual aid.
4. Rounding Decimals Review: In this 22 question printable, students will review the concepts learned from this printable packet by looking at multi-digit numbers to thousandths and rounding them to the nearest ones, tenths and hundredths place. The final six problems of this printable are designed to evoke higher order thinking techniques by giving the student a number and asking which of three options would round to that given number.
5. Rounding Decimals Assessment (page 1): This 30 question assessment has a plethora of skills that are tested as students will have to round to the nearest ones, tenths and hundredths place at least eight times each. They are categorized into each area on page one of the assessment.
6. Assessment (page 2): The second page of the assessment has four multiple choice word problems in which students will use their prior knowledge to answer questions about multi-digit numbers and decipher which answer choice their given number will round to out of the given choices.
7. Center Activity / Groupwork: Round Decimals with Towers: In this center activity or classwork activity, students will work together to take heights of real buildings around the world and round them to the nearest ones, tenths and hundredths place. They will also answer several word problems with multiple answer choices in order to apply real world application to rounding with decimals.
***********If you have purchased my Decimals Skills Mega Bundle
do not buy this product! You already have it!***********
All of these resources come included with answer keys this printable packet so they will fit into your classroom very quickly and easily. Whether you need some extra grades for your students in assessing their knowledge of rounding decimals or you are preparing for more difficult decimal concepts, I know you and your classroom will benefit greatly from this product!