This cute, "Rock 'n' Round" themed game helps students practice their rounding skills. Each number is a three digit number, and students will have to round to the nearest 10.
1. First, cut out and laminate the rounded cards. You will also want to cut up and laminate the place markers.
2. Then, mix them up face down. (Be sure to mix them up well so they are not in the same order!)
3. In partners, students will take turns picking a card and trying to find the match on the game board.
4. If their partner agrees they found the rounded match, they place their place marker on the spot.
5. If they got it incorrect, their turn is skipped and no place marker can be placed.
6. The first player who gets 4 in a row or diagonal wins! Other variations can be 4 corners, 3 in a row, the most correct on the game board, etc.
You could also simplify the game by cutting out the numbers that have not been rounded yet, and play by finding the rounded number match. Either way works!
This would make a great station game or small group practice with the teacher!