Also included in
- This bundle of rounding resources focuses on rounding numbers to the nearest ten, hundred and thousand. Most of the activities use number line ninjas to introduce students to the number line method of rounding. Numbers either get kicked UP to the larger end of the number line, or numbers get kicked$7.99$13.00Save $5.01
Are you looking for an organized PowerPoint to use to introduce your students to rounding numbers? If so, this highly interactive 70-slide PowerPoint may be exactly what you are looking for!
The PowerPoint uses number lines and ninjas. Numbers either get kicked UP to the larger end of the number line, or numbers get kicked DOWN to the smaller end of the number line.
The PowerPoint is highly interactive. There are four main sections in this PowerPoint:
1. Introduction and Rounding to the Nearest Ten: 32 SLIDES (It starts with 2-digit numbers, and then progresses to 3-digit and then 4-digit numbers.)
2. Rounding to the Nearest Hundred: 17 SLIDES (It starts with 3-digit numbers, and then progresses to 4-digit numbers.)
3. Rounding to the Nearest Thousand: 18 SLIDES (It starts with 4-digit numbers, and then progresses to 5-digit numbers.)
4. Putting it all together! 3 SLIDES
The PowerPoint is also fully animated, so that answers do not appear on the screen until the teacher has clicked the mouse. Check out the PREVIEW to view various PowerPoint slides, and the interactive notebook entries.
Also, this PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, background).
Also, I have a few follow-up activities you can check out if you're interested:
Rounding Task Cards (This is a free resource!)
*If you only teach rounding to the nearest ten and hundred, you can show slides 1-51, and skip the final 20 slides.
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!