This bundle includes a 315 slide PowerPoint to teach the whole class. The second file has over 80 pages of Rounding Exit Tickets.
Meets Common Core Standards for 2.NBT.A.1, 3.NBT.A.1, 4.NBT.A.3.
Use the 315 PPT slides to teach rounding skills from the 10s place up to the 100,000s place. The PPT is set up like a game where students can advance through 15 different levels. Basic levels work on basic rounding skills. Pick the level your students are ready for. Great for small math groups. You can enrich students that understand rounding and can challenge them to round to the higher place value or reteach the basic concepts of rounding to the 10s place.
Within each level there are 20 slides; 10 have a black background and 10 have a blue background. The slides with the black background have scaffolds including a number line, the rounded number that comes before and after, the place value digit is underlined to remind students of the place value. The slides with the blue background have most of the scaffolds removed. Students will see the number and where it should be rounded to and then three answer choices. Great to use in whole group, small group, morning work, partner practice, or math centers.
Rounding Exit Tickets
Students practice what they have learned from the PPT and apply it to these different activities.
1) Rounding Wheel - Students use a "spinner" and round to the correct place.
2) Solar System Rounding Tickets - Students circle the correct numbers that round to a specific 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000.
3) Rounding Bullseye - The Bullseye is the number you round to. The middle circle is where students write numbers that round to the bullseye. The outer circle is used to write numbers that do NOT round to the bullseye.
4) Rounding Sort Cut & Paste - Students cut out numbers and glue in the correct column.
5) Round and Color - Students color in the numbers that round to the given number.
6) Rounding In/Out Boxes - Students read the number that goes "In" and record the rounded number in the "Out" box.
175 Rounding Exit Tickets will give the teacher immediate feedback to determine which students need reteaching and which students need enrichment. There are many activities to choose from at many different ability levels.
Your students will enjoy these quick, engaging rounding exit tickets.
Teacher's Game Plan