This activity is aligned to the 4th and 5th grade* Common Core standards related to place value. Each of the 32 task cards includes a 4-, 5-, or 6-digit number that students have to round to the nearest hundred, thousand, ten thousand, or hundred thousand. They can be used as a whole group Scoot-like activity, or as a center activity that allows students to work at their own pace.
This set includes the following:
- directions for prep and use
- 32 cards (4 on each page) with 4-, 5-, or 6-digit numbers
- a student recording sheet
- an answer key for your benefit!
While the cards would look best printed in color, they also will print out fine in grayscale. Using card stock and laminating the cards is recommended to prolong their lifespan!
I hope your students enjoy using it as much as mine did! And please, if you can, take a moment to rate my product and even comment on it - I would appreciate the feedback so very much!
Want more rounding? Check out a similar resource for grades 3-4
* NOTE: While the 5th grade Common Core standard related to rounding specifies rounding decimals, we as teachers know that it is always important to start with easier skills before moving on to more complex skills!