• Rounding & Estimating
• Critical Thinking
• Enough Tracking Sheet for each student playing (I suggest you laminate them for reuse)
• Two Dice (either 6 sided or 10 sided; if you choose the 6 sided dice, use the Tracking Sheets that go to 70. If you choose to use the 10 sided dice, you can use the Tracking sheet that goes to 100)
• Markers (something to keep track of numbers you have used on the Tracking Sheet. This could be beans, pennies, blocks, or a marker to cross it off)
How to play:
• Divide students into groups of 2-5
• Students will take turns tossing the dice. When the dice lands they will choose which order to put them in. For example: If a student rolls a 3 and a 5 they can choose whether the number will be 35 or 53. This is important because they are choosing whether they will round to 40 or 50. Once they choose they will mark the number on their tracking sheet. The goal of the game is to mark off all your numbers first. So if you choose 35 and you already have 40 marked off, it doesn’t help you.