It is clear from the wording of the CCSS and the TEKS that rounding numbers should be rooted in an understanding of numbers and place value. The activities in this unit will reinforce rounding though number sense using a hundred chart and number lines.
• A hundred chart for exploring rounding based on consecutive multiples of ten
• A Capture 4 partner game that combines strategy with practice rounding 2-digit numbers to the nearest ten
• Printables to create personal 1,200 chart for students to explore consecutive multiples of ten with 3-digit numbers
• An I Have/Who Has game which includes 30 cards for practicing rounding both 2- and 3-digit numbers to the nearest 10
• Two workstation activities that use randomly generated numbers to practice using a number lines to round 2- and 3-digit numbers to the nearest 10
Common Core Alignment
3.NBT.1—Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
Texas TEKS Alignment
3.2.C—Represent a number on a number line as being between two consecutive multiples of 10; 100; 1,000; or 10,000 and use words to describe relative size of numbers in order to round whole numbers.
3.4.B—Round to the nearest 10 or 100 using compatible numbers to estimate solutions to addition and subtraction problems
Check out these other I Have/Who Has games
Be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
You Might Also Like…
Fraction Cards for Benchmarks of 0, ½, and 1
Teaching 2-Digit Multiplication (Concrete, Representational, Abtract)
Connect with Math Coach’s Corner
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red ‘Follow Me’ next to my Seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales. Visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook
Copyright © Donna Boucher. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.