This is a great for introducing rounding to students. It creates a very concrete representation for them to see, touch and manipulate.
-You can use this as a guide/instructions on how to do this with actual unifix cubes, we write on them with dry erase markers
- If you don't have actual unifix cube, use this in a page protector or laminate and have the students work with a dry erase marker
-Great to send home to reinforce skills with parents
This really helped some of my struggling students until they could grasp the concept and create their own number lines.
1. Direction Page
2. Rounding to the tens place mat
3. Rounding to the hundreds place mat
4. Rounding to the tens practice page
5. Rounding to the hundreds practice page