A self-assessment rubric
in the form of a report card booklet
that students can use to self-assess their class performance, homework quality, organizational skills, and study habits
at select times throughout the year. The rubric also prompts students to write short narratives on current achievements they are proud of, how they study for assessments, and what goals they would like to accomplish in the next term
How I Use This Product:
I created this rubric because I needed a straightforward and clear self-assessment
that my students could use to reflect on their performance in my class. My students complete a self-assessment report card at 4 times per school year
- At the start of the year / Prior to my teacher-led curriculum night
- After the 1st Quarter / Prior to my first set of student-led conferences
- After the 2nd Quarter / End of first semester and start of the second semester
- After the 3rd Quarter / Prior to my second set of student-led conferences
I personally read self-assessment report cards from each of my students and make notes on comments that stand out to me as well as their goals for the next session. I then assign my students a homework task, where they are to discuss the contents of their self-assessment report card with their parent/guardian
and bring it back signed.
This document allows me to keep track
of how my students feel they are achieving in my class and also what they hope to accomplish. Since I assign this rubric 4 times per school year, I have a running self-assessment narrative for each student.
The document becomes particularly helpful during parent/student conferences
, where students can present the document with his/her parent/guardian in detail with me present. We can then discuss their goals and come up with strategies to achieve them.
Contents - First Page:
- Title page with basic information:
- School name (editable)
- Student name, class, quarter/semester/term
- The apple logo can be replaced with your school's logo
- The school name/motto/teacher name section can be modified to suit your needs
Contents - Second Page:
- Survey section that assesses skills in 5 key areas:
- Activity in Class
- Class Work
- Study Skills
Contents - Third Page:
- Reflection section where students write 3 narratives using writing prompts:
- "Two or more things I have performed well in this (term) are:"
- "When I study for tests or other assessments, I usually do the following things:"
- "Two goals I set for myself for the next (term) are:"
Contents - Fourth Page:
- A section for optional teacher comments
- Space for signatures from the student and their parent/guardian
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This worksheet comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document
and fully-editable WORD document
- Download the full PDF preview
to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Designed to be Fully Editable:
This product comes in both PDF and WORD format
. The WORD document is designed to be fully editable
so that educators can customize their own class sessions, performance criteria, writing prompts, and other sections of the document. This product also allows teachers to add their school logo in place of the apple, as well as their school motto, mission statement, teacher name etc. at the bottom of the first and last page.
You Might Also Like These Evaluation Products:
BUNDLE - Assessment Rubrics (Lab Report, Graph, Pamphlet, Presentation, Etc.)
Rubric - Science Lab Report (Single Point)
Rubric - Oral Presentation (Single Point)
Rubric - Poster, Pamphlet or Presentation (Single Point)
Rubric - Graph (Single Point)
Rubric - Discrepant Event Observation (Single Point)
Rubric - Debate (Single Point)
Rubric - Engineering Design Process
Rubric - Self-Assessment Report Card
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me
next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns
. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.