Ruby Bridges Activity and Reading Passages PRINTABLE and DIGITAL
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Your students will learn all about five highly inspirational historical figures with this helpful, informational Black History Close Reading Unit! Perfect for a complete Black History Month reading unit, this resource includes everything, including worksheets, that you need for 5 full Close ReadingPrice $9.75Original Price $15.00Save $5.25
Your students will learn all about the inspirational story of Ruby Bridges with this high-interest, informational Close Reading Unit! Now includes a digital version for Google Classroom. Perfect for a helpful Black History Month reading passage and mini unit, this resource includes everything, including worksheets, that you need for a full week of reading activities about Ruby Bridges. Engaging for students and NO PREP for teachers!
Click HERE to see the money-saving Black History Close Reading Bundle.
If you have never used Close Reading or even if you are already a pro, this packet truly is for you! It has everything you need for a complete, successful mini unit on Ruby Bridges.
The informational passage on Ruby Bridges is provided in two differentiated reading levels. One is in the fifth-sixth grade reading range, and the other is in the third-fourth grade reading level range. The reading level is given for each passage. I've taken all the guesswork out of differentiating and leveling of passages for you!
This packet includes:
- Ruby Bridges: Girl of Courage Informational Passage (2 Differentiated Levels)
- 5 Days of Close Reading Activities
- Text Dependent Questions
- Written Response
- Teacher Guide Sheet
- Annotation Guide (full page and ½ page)
- Printable B/W Pages (choose from landscape or portrait orientation)
- Color, Interactive Digital Slides for Google Classroom
- Answer Keys
The digital version of this packet includes ready-made, visually-appealing Google slides for you to share with your class. They include interactive drag and drop annotation marks and fillable text dependent activities.
This packet is both rigorous and Common-Core aligned. Questions have been carefully crafted to move readers from basic, recall questions to higher-level questions where students must cite evidence from the text to support their answers. There are 5 tasks/activities for the passage, moving from easier tasks to more challenging activities. The reading passage and its corresponding activities offer a full-week's worth of close reading.
Looking for MORE CLOSE READING packets? Here you go:
Close Reading for the YEAR Bundle
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,