In this resource, there is a nonfiction reading passage based on Ruby Bridges. It is differentiated for your high, mid, and lower level students as you study about segregation, Brown vs. Board of Education, and Black History month. Integrate social studies content with your reading texts and meet each reader's needs with this set. Guided Reading levels are L-N-Q.
$Why should I purchase this passage set?$
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interesting. I use my love of social studies to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
How Does This Resource Make Me A Better Teacher?
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must!
There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content.
Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.
Looking for a BUNDLE of Black History Month passages?
Declaration of Independence Sort
Declaration of Independence Task Cards
Declaration of Independence Crossword Puzzle
Declaration of Independence Vocabulary Activity
Government Mega Bundle
Best Selling Government Differentiated Passages
Don't Miss All of My Newest Products!
Have a question? Click here to send me an email!
Let's stay in touch!
→Check out our website for teaching tips, ideas, & freebies!
→Subscribe to videos on Youtube
→Follow us on Instagram
→Follow us on Facebook
Thanks for your support & Happy Teaching!-Bowtie Guy & Wife
© 2016 Bowtie Guy This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.