“Ruby Bridges Goes to School,” is the true, autobiographical story of a brave African-American girl who was the first black student to attend an all-white school in New Orleans in 1961. Easy-to-read text and historical photographs record an amazing moment in her life and in American history. This book is also a goldmine for teaching the reading standards! Our text-dependent questions will help you model close reading and teach the CCSS for Informational text 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 as you return time and time again to the text for answers! Page numbers and answers are included for teacher reference. Close reading is fun for everyone with Max Learner. We’ve done all the work, so you don’t have to!
Our study worksheet reinforces close reading by providing page numbers for reference. Then students can use their worksheet to help them write a paragraph about Ruby Bridges using the included high-interest writing scaffolds and attractive final copy page.
Included in this product:
• Text-Dependent Question Card – helps you model close reading and addresses CCSS for Informational text 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.
• Study worksheet - helps students gather facts from the text
• A first draft scaffold for writing an informational or an opinion paragraph about Ruby Bridges
• An attractive final copy page for students to publish their final paragraph
• Answer keys for teacher reference – can also be used for handwriting practice or assignment pages for students needing modified work
All of our Max Learner Book Detective products help teach the Common Core reading standards by capturing the attention and imagination of primary students with read-aloud stories teachers love! Kids are excited about “solving the mysteries hidden inside of books”! Our no-prep text-dependent question cards help teachers guide students to the heart of the text where the main idea lives. Close reading is fun with Max Learner Book Detective!