Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
13.32 MB | 40 pages
The Story of Ruby Bridges by Robert Coles is a courageous and inspiring account of the action taken by Ruby Bridges to desegregate the New Orleans Public Schools in 1960. The US government issued an order to integrate public schools much to the disapproval of the public. Ruby Bridges was selected to integrate William Frantz Elementary School, an all white school. She was escorted to the school daily by federal marshals. As Ruby walked past the angry mobs, her spirit was not discouraged. She prayed for their hearts to change. For months, Ruby was the only student to attend the school. Eventually, the parents agreed to send their children back to school regardless of Ruby’s race.
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Making Inferences
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Youtube Video Ruby Bridges Trailer) 3 minutes
- 2 Vocabulary Practice sheet (five words per sheet)
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Making Inferences)
- Comprehension Quiz with 7 MC questions and 1 ER questions. Answer key included.
- 6 Activities to extend the lesson.
A. Ruby Bridges Acrostic Poem
B. Ruby Bridges Comic Strip Template
C. Ruby Bridges Diary Entry Template
D. Ruby Bridges Skit PDF
E. Ruby Bridges Movie Questions
F. Courageous Activity (Bible Lesson)
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.