Many classrooms watch Ruby Bridges as part of their social studies curriculum on the civil rights movement. This packet allows you to integrate social studies concepts with reading skills and strategies, asking students to fill in different organizers to respond to the movie, with each organizer focused on a different reading skill or strategy for a direct tie-in to standards. Students will need to be familiar with the skills and strategies that are included to be successful with this.
This packet includes reproducible pages for students to practice the following:
- making inferences about Ruby's character
- identifying the narrative elements (title, setting, characters, problem & solution)
- visualization of a favorite part
- summary of the movie
- facts and opinions about the movie
- cause and effect relationships in the movie
As always, please contact me BEFORE leaving feedback if you have any questions or concerns. I am happy to help in any way that I can or point you in the right direction to get your problem solved.