In this collection, I've compiled activities to supplement the Unit 3.2 "Ruby in Her Own Time" story included in the Reading Street series. There are so many engaging activities that you'll run out of time before all of these resources have been exhausted.
More specifically, you'll find:
* 3 anchor charts for -ng, -nk, and compound words
* high frequency word card game
* roll and read x 3
* progress monitoring "sticker" incentive chart (You'll provide the stickers.)
* writing prompt
* reading incentive chart (I use this with AR)
* amazing words
* 10 fill-in-the-blank sentences from the story
* 12 spelling word "rebus" puzzles
* -ng and -nk word sort
* rainbow spelling
* spelling scoot activity
* -ing and -ank word family flip book
* tic-tac-toe high frequency word center
* 1 graphic organizer
* 16 compound words center (Kids write the two words from which the compound word was made.)
* QR Code Compound Word Center (Kids select the compound word contained within the given sentence. Self-checking with qr codes.)
* 12 spelling word cards to be unscrambled
Recording sheets are included. Enjoy!
Need a Ruby anchor chart to teach compare / contrast? Check out this product...
Need a mini book that reinforces the high frequency words and phonics lessons introduced in this story? Take a peek at this product...
56 pages + 4 (title, credits, instructions) = 60