Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a lit log by MrsDsEducationalTools for by Jeanne Zulick Rerruolo, a realistic fiction book written in a 12-year old girl’s voice. Themes in the book are: acceptance of those who are different than you (prejudice, diversity, bullying); standing up for the truth; the walls people hide behind and being brave; women’s rights; immigration; death of a family member; single parent home; and fascination with the moon)
The focus skills of the lit log are:
* use text to explain/draw inferences/cite textual evidence
* determine theme/central idea/summarize
* describe/compare/contrast/analyze characters/plot
* use text to determine meaning of/analyze words/phrases
* compare/contrast/describe/explain/analyze points of view
Reading Level of Text: 4th grade level
Interest Level of Text: 4th-8th grade
I hope this lit log is helpful and promotes good discussions.