These are the rules my students follow during our reading block. Hope you can use them as well!
Rules for: Reading
1. Raise your hand for help. Never wander
or shout out.
2. Wait your turn patiently.
3. Stay in your assigned spot.
4. Keep things neat and organized.
5. Be silent when working. Use soft voices
6. Only abandon 1 book a month.
7. When choosing a book, use the 5 finger
rule, use your name to hold your book’s
place, and choose quickly. Don’t waste
8. Record everything you read in your book
9. You must ALWAYS be working.
10. Do your BEST or…do it again.