Make your instruction easy to follow and engaging with 8 standards-based rules of exponents worksheets, Cornell-style notes, and cut-and-paste activities.
This covers the rules of exponents skills students need from beginning to end with practice, fun activities, and notes.
THE 8 WORKSHEETS:
• Explains the vocab terms exponent, base, and power
• Problems include writing the exponential, expanded form, and simplified value of powers. Also converting exponential words to the numerical form (e.g. eleven to the fifth power = ___)
Exponents: Zero and One
• Explains exponent of zero and one with examples
• 12 practice problems
Multiplying and Dividing with Exponents
• Explains product rule and quotient rule
• Problems include 4 involving writing the expanded form and exponential form. Also include 12 additional practice problems.
• Explains negative exponent rule
• 16 practice problems
Powers of 10
• Explains power of 10 rule for positive and negative powers of 10
• Problems include writing the expanded and standard form of positive powers of 10. Also include writing the fraction and decimal for negative powers of 10 as well as a follow-up written response question.
• Explains the power rule
• 9 practice problems
• 4 word problems that include volume, writing expressions, negative exponents, and scientific notation.
• Explains order of operations
• 14 practice problems.
ANSWER KEY PROVIDED FOR WORKSHEETS
RULES OF EXPONENTS NOTES IN CORNELL-STYLE
The notes include the following:
• Essential question
• Vocabulary column
• Notes column with explanations and practice problems
• Summary (this answers the essential question)
• Multiplying Exponents Dice Game
• Dividing Exponents Golf
• Power Rule, Exponent of Zero, Negative Exponents, Powers of 10 cut-and-paste problems
• List of vocab and exponents rules
Thank you so much for your interest in a Mathchips original product! Follow me on TeachersPayTeachers or feel free to share this product on Pinterest.
Thank you for your dedication to teaching math in whatever capacity that may be! Hope this resource is helpful to you!